"Everyone has the right to freedom of thought and the freedom to communicate opionions and expressions in a manner that is not contaray to any tenet of Islam" - Article 27 - Constitution of the Republic of Maldives

me, myself & i

My photo
Rover Scout. aka Blood. RJ. Journalist. Graphic Designer. Curious Photographer. Crazy Poet. Rebellion. Freethinker. Coffee Lover. Fascinated by Blood. In Love with a Simple Girl.

Nov 14, 2011

sorry religious freaks - i don't like you!

I don’t normally talk about people – especially about different groups, races, religious sects, the illegal immigrants (as my friend Mujahid puts it) and so on. But, when things go too far, someone has to say something – right? And by my good or bad luck, this time, that someone is me. 
I have always had a problem with the Maldivian bearded so called religious guys. I am not talking about everyone, but those hypocrites who claim to be true Muslims (apparently they claim that we the moderate Muslims aren’t “real” Muslims…*bleh*) and then do  everything Islam prohibits, like it’s the most normal thing. 

This morning, before heading to office I was at this local café’ having a cup of morning coffee when I overheard one of these “True Muslims”, talking about the former president. Believe me 4 of every 5 words this guy let out of his arecanut stuffed mouth was pure Maldivian Filth! 

At this point you may think I was annoyed because he was talking about the former president. No, I don’t really have a problem if someone chops and makes curry out of Mr. Gayyom. My problem was with this guy claiming to be the true Muslim, who was, at my best knowledge breaking down the basic rules of religion. His words were a perfect juxtapose to the teachings of this holy religion.

Islam teaches us equality. It teaches us respect and it teaches us and warns us not to talk behind people’s backs. And there was this guy, talking all the shit you can talk about a person. This however is not surprising. The so called sheiks of this country are far worse than these laymen. The Maldivian sheiks are perfect examples of what the Maldivians call “roanu edhurun” or in other words “people who know it all”. 

Back in 2008, during the elections, one of the biggest “roanu edhurun” of Maldives, as far as my view is concerned, lead a prayer asking the Almighty to bring great woe on to the then president and his followers. In what religion you know does it allow for one human to pray asking to bring such sorrow onto others?



And then there is the Sheik Cucumber Thongs as he has become famous to most people. As he is from Dhaalu Atoll where my mom is from, I know this guy and most of the games he play behind the curtains. Now, nobody would disagree when I say that one of the most important things in the religion of Islam is respecting parents. And for a fact I know how this sheiks mother live. She lives a sad lonely life, back in her island because Sheik Far-Read wouldn’t allow her to live here with his family. 

I can show more examples, yet I know that these despotic hypocrites wouldn’t change their ways. For those of you who really think about this with an open mind, you will see that these are the people who stain the purity of this holy religion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment